Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Big Harvests

Late summer and early fall is the time of year that I can measure harvests in wheelbarrows rather than baskets such as this one full of apples, grapes and summer squash mostly the flying saucer kind as my children would say.

Photobucket
Still have a whole lot of apples to harvest for a plethora of apple treats including apple grape sauce that I really like.

Also other big harvests news or what else fits in my harvest basket: Welcoming our new little boy!

Photobucket
Baby bunny, pumpkin and wiggly worm are some of his unofficial names.

Those of you not overwhelmed by those squishy cheeks may notice the grass or weeds that resemble lawn have regained their green tone again. Dare I say the drought is almost gone? Sending watery wishes to those with dry wells.

5 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

What an adorable baby boy! Congratulations :-)

Sustainably Modern said...

Congratulations on the future garden helper :)!

Stefaneener said...

Now, that is a spectacular harvest. Nice grapes and squash, too.

Daphne Gould said...

Awwwww! It won't be long until he starts stealing all those grapes. Or maybe he will be like my kids and be afraid of them. The wasps always liked them and the kids wouldn't get close.

Sarah F said...

Wow. Did you find that beautiful baby in the cabbage patch or under the gooseberry bush? Congratulations either way.
P.S. I am still growing those Princepe Borghese tomatoes from the seeds you sent me.