Thursday, October 2, 2008

Great article - seed potatoes

Just wanted to direct you to this thought provoking blog post about experimenting with growing potato from seed by Spade Work.

In fact, the European community of bloggers has a number of impressive blogs interested in sustainable food gardening. I have been following garden activist (hope he doesn't mind me calling him that) Bifucated Carrot for years, for example, and always enjoy his posts. If you are a North American garden blogger and haven't spent too much time over the pond, I recomment that you make the virtual trip.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! For a truly informative post on the subject check out Daughter of the Soil archives for 16 Feb 2007 - all you really need to know to get started!
John

Ottawa Gardener said...

Great, I will.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Here's a link to the above mentioned post.

http://daughterofthesoil.blogspot.com/2007/02/woohoo-my-potatoes-germinated.html

Matron said...

I have also learned plenty from North American growers! I just love the world of blogging, I have so many new, likeminded friends.

Ottawa Gardener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ottawa Gardener said...

Thanks! We can learn so much from each other. I've just checked out your blog again matron and may I say, I love it!

Maggie said...

Just dropped by via Patricks blog. I love your spiral garden and look forward to this new blog.